Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, September 19, 2016

September 19, 2016 - Week 65


Mom,


Hey what's goood everyone?? Wow I'm hoping that as you guys read this that you're not feeling as much heat as I am!! Haha I keep waiting for it to cool down a little bit, and it has a little bit, but it's still reallllly hot! How is the weather in Fallon and Utah? I was talking to Elder Osborn the other day about when it snowed on Tommy´s birthday. I've really loved having a comp that can relate to a lot of common experiences from growing up. We are starting our 5th week together and I'm on my 17th here in Navojoa. So we will see what happens going forward!


So this week we saw a lot of really cool things. I told you about Alejandra last week, and this week we also met her cousin who is also planning on being baptized on Saturday if all goes well! And then yesterday we had two investigators who showed up to church after awhile without going and they told us that they did what we told them to do (pray, ask for guidance, repent, study scriptures) and that all of a sudden their lives got a lot better and that they want to be baptized. We were very surprised but obviously it was a very pleasant surprise! But wow, it was really incredible to listen to their sincerity and desire! The gospel works, and they are living proof.


So during the week, with the Mexican Indepence day falling on a Friday, we kinda got to see a 3 day, whole weekend celebration. To answer your question, yes the food was incredible and very very abundant haha. We had a stake activity on Friday night, and it had a really great turn out. I was thinking about it and it has been a very indescribable experience to be here for 15 months and see and experience the Mexican culture. I think the most special part about experiencing a culture is seeing the passion of the people who so very much love all the traditions and history of their country/family/etc. I was thinking about it and I've worked with people from Mexico, El Salvador, Guatamala, Peru, Honduras,and even Korea. A pretty wide variety, haha. And it also makes me gain a greater appreciation and love for my own culture and traditions that I've been accustomed to for so long. But it was really neat to see such a great tradition up close and see how special it was for the people here.


Well it sounds like you're gonna have a lot on your plate in these days coming up. Matt and Adge's family will definetly be in my prayers and thoughts this weekend. Mom I'm also glad that you could get a functioning phone, I kinda forget what it was like to have the world in the palm of my hand lol. I'm super glad to hear that you're all doing great, you all make me so proud! I love ya´ll! Have a great week!!


Love,


Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment