Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, April 10, 2017

April 10, 2017 - Week 94

Mom,

How y'all doing, fam?? I hope all is well back at the crib!! I like what you were talking about the concrete action, since General Conference always leaves one reflecting for a time. Another concrete thing that I would like to do when I get home is to start being a little more diligent and knowledgeable in the family history department. I also want to keep up my journal writing habit that I've developed on my mission. I've written in my journal every single day of my mission, and I'm glad to have all that info!! And I also am trying to memorize The Living Christ which was another theme from General Conference. I remember you and dad were working on that awhile back, how did that go??

So this week was interesting!! There was one day where Elder Wood was really sick and was told that he had to be resting the whole day so I was cooped up there with him haha. But then the next day we got back to work and the area continues to progress. We´re really trying to help strengthen the branch and get a solid base so that the investigators we bring can have a good spiritual experience when they go for the first time. We´ve been doing branch FHEs that have been working out well. This week we have a branch activity on Wednesday and we´re hoping some investigators can go there too. We are hoping to have a baptism next weekend of a family member of a less active family who is in the reactivation process.

So that service project we did was super awesome!! A great team of plastic surgeons and anesthesiologists from So. California came down and I got to translate for them. We started very, very early and ended late, with very few breaks in between but it was such a cool experience. They let me scrub in on a lot of the complex surgeries that they did, such as babies with cleft palettes, a woman with a cancerous finger that they amputated, and numerous others. Basically it was a clinic where anyone who had a problem that required a plastic surgeon came and was evaluated by the doctors, then they fit in as many as they could with the limited time they had. It really was so sick though, I'm glad I got to help out in any way I could.

Today we had a zone activity too. We´re super far away from everyone in Choix so it was nice to get together with friends, other missionaries, and old comps and hang out. We went down to a river and had a barbeque and tossed around the football and all just hung out for a couple of hours. Gets me excited for this summer!! Sister Lee was there and we took a pic together and said she'll send it to her family so it'll probably end up in your hands by the end of the week, haha.

I'm blessed to have you all as my family!! You really are the best and help me feel blessed and motivated to share with others the simple truths that have brought us so much peace and happiness! I hope you all have a great week and know you're always in my prayers!!

All Love,

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment