Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Sunday, July 17, 2016

July 11, 2016 - Week 55

Mom,


Wow, what in the world!! Super weird to see you guys out in front of my house at the CCM!! I have so many memories there in that house and in the CCM I'm so glad you guys could go and see it! It also sounds like the rest of the trip was super busy and fun! I can't wait to talk to you a little bit more about the thoughts and impressions of Mexico. I got a good laugh about your observations like a lack of safety rails, and the uneven curbs. After 13 months one gets accustomed to it a little more, but I remember thinking the exact same thing. Well I'm glad you guys could get back safe and that you had an awesome experience. Tommy sure does put a great example for being able to go back and see the families and people that we are blessed to be able to teach and help in their lives. Gives me a lot of motivation to be able to do the same when I get back.


So this week was really good. We´re moving along really well with Reuben and little by little his family is starting to be more receptive to us as well. But he went to church, and 2 families that we´re teaching also went to church!! That was the highlight of it because we really filled the chapel with them. Then later yesterday we got all the transfers, and Elder Chichia and I will be staying together for another 6 weeks here in Navojoa! I was really happy about that, we are starting to have a lot of people and hope to continue to find new people.


So on Saturday, on my birthday, we were housing 5 missionaries because there were a couple people finishing their missions and they and their comps stayed with us. But we all bought pizza and had a fun time in the night to celebrate. As you can imagine, a house with 5 extra missionaries is pretty hectic and crowded, but it was a fun time. Other than that it was a pretty low key day, but it made me think a lot about the fun times we´ve had during this time of the year in the past, but there will be lots of other fun summers and I'm really happy to be here during this one.


Things here are going really well here honestly, I could not find anything to complain about even if I wanted to, we´re having a great time and finding a lot of people who are ready to hear the truth of the restored gospel of Christ. President Myers continues to impress us and I'm excited and happy to have him and Sister Myers here for this 2nd year of the mission.


When is the next vacation that you guys are planning, or are you gonna take it a little more easy these weeks? Also, Mom how are your eyes doing? One of the dads of the families we are teaching asked us a lot about how fasting works, and I told him about the time we did a fast as a family for your eyes and how it has been a blessing for us.


Well family, hope all is well with everything back at the crib with you guys, all is well on my end! I love you all and can't wait to talk in a week!!


Keep it real,


Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment