Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, August 22, 2016

August 22, 2016 - Week 61

Mom,


Wow, what an awesome video that you guys did for Grandma and Grandpa!! If I'm not mistaken they share the same anniversary as you guys right? The 19th, also the anniversary for President and Sister Myers, so it must be a popular date. But it was awesome seeing such a big, beautiful family with those awesome pictures.


By the way, happy anniversary!! I had totally forgotten to wish you guys a happy anniversary last week but I did remember, how many is it this year? Close to 27?? How did you guys celebrate it? I hope you all got your fill of summer fun, with going back to school and summer officially being over haha. Just gear up and rest during the next 2 semesters 'cause we will be spending next summer together hahaha!!


So anyways, Elder Chichia did get transferred today. He's heading to like the most southern part of the mission, and I got a new companion today..... His name is Elder Osborn, he is from Salt Lake and we arrived in the mission together and hes was one of the first people I met in the airport on June 24th in SLC, haha. He and I have been great friends for a long time and actually always talked about being comps, so I'm really excited for this time we will have together. Of course, it is always hard to leave a comp who has been such a good friend like Chichia, but it is part of the mission, and one of the best parts is meeting other people.


So this week with our investigators, we had a new schedule and location with stake conference, and none of them went to church which felt like a huge gut punch, haha. But we will be having a baptism for Dulce hopefully this Sunday. She has been learning a lot, and tells us shes ready to make the jump to join the church... We found a lot of new people this week, including a family of 6 people who we are excited about.


Lauren's white coat ceremony sounds like a really cool ceremony, just based off the name. You´ll have to send me some pics and a small summary of how it was. It is so cool to hear about all the amazing things that our family is doing while I'm out here, I know I only hear a limited portion and on a limited basis, but it really is so great and I'm so proud of each and every one of you. There's no better motivation to work hard than knowing that I have a very supportive family who loves me.


Mom, I also wanna tell you that I loved the email you sent to the family!! I didn't quite realize how many blessings the Lord has given us during that time, and that he keeps giving us. A real testimony builder.


Well, I gotta roll, but I love you all so much and I miss you guys. It makes me so glad to hear that you're all doing well. Have a great week, and best of luck in all your endeavors!! I love you all.


Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment