Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, August 8, 2016

August 8, 2016 - Week 59

Mom,

Hey how is everyone doing?? How are the preparations for the full house that you´ll have this week? Its so weird to hear about all the crazy things that are happening like weddings, and jobs, and schools. A lot of times it seems like there are not many things that have changed or that will be different when I get home, but now I'm seeing all that and it´s pretty crazy!! But change is good, the sadder thing would be if we never changed anything in our lives, haha. 

That's super exciting to hear about all the new mission calls!! Almost all the people we talk to are pretty interested in how these random Americans arrive in their house, and so it's cool to be able to explain to them how it works and how I have friends in just about every part of the world doing exactly what I'm doing haha. That's exciting. The work here is going well. I wanna tell you guys a story real quick. On Saturday night I was working with one of the other elders in our ward, Elder Beecher. And we went to a house and then after at like 8:30, we were looking for something to do, and a lady started to talk to us and asked us about the role of the family and we explained it to her and she loved it and said she had really been looking for something like this in her life. Then earlier this week, I was working with another elder who is from Colombia, and there is a recent convert here who is also from Colombia, so he made us dinner that was super good. Kinda a fun intercultural night, haha.

I really loved hearing those stories and example you gave with Heavenly Father responding to our prayers. It's interesting how sometimes people tend to separate the things in their lives like spiritual and temporal, but the thing is, if it's important to us, it's also important to God. So we really should have zero hesitation to  ask for his help. 

The investigators here are doing well. We are working hard with each one of their needs, and in 2 weeks we´re hoping to have Dulce´s baptism. The ward is doing a great job at including her in all the activities and supporting her. I have no idea what it would really feel like to be investigating the church with zero prior knowledge of it, but I imagine it would be very very difficult. So any time we have a chance as members to help someone out in that part of their lives, we can really be the answer to lots of their prayers.

Well, I'm kinda short on time, I'll make sure to write you all more next week but I love you all. Send me pics of the week and have an awesome time, tell everyone I love them and send them my best wishes!!!

Love you and Miss you!

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment