Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, August 29, 2016

August 29, 2016 - Week 62

Mom,


Hey what's up Mom, how are you? I'm so happy to see that you guys had an action packed week in Utah, what a cool experience that Lauren and you all shared at the white coat ceremony! And I heard from Tommy that the first week at law school was made a little bit more difficult without a home base in Provo, but I'm so glad to hear that both of them are loving their grad schools! Also that is very impressive what you and Alyssa are doing every morning. Really the only challenging part about an early morning are the first few moments getting out of bed. But I'm really happy you guys are doing that!!


So the first week of being here with Elder Osborn went fantastic, and it finished with the best possible outcome... A baptism with 4 new investigators in church who will be baptized in September!! Our investigator was unsure about whether she wanted to be baptized or not, and on Wednesday we went to her house and had the strong impression to just simply teach her and testify to her about the atonement of Jesus Christ, and then let her decide what she needed to do. And she told us she wanted to be baptized. It is so amazing. I saw a video today of when the church just started out, and how it was just barely surviving, but God inspired His children in order to fulfill His eternal purposes. Each day I see more and more evidence of the fact that the movement and spreading of the true and restored gospel of Jesus Christ will go forward. It's amazing every day how many people have been prepared to hear this message, and then to act on it. I feel so blessed to be a witness to the marvelous work.


It has been so fun to be with Elder Osborn for this week, and I hope for many more. We have sooo much to talk about, and a lot of common experiences, but also a lot that he can teach me about. For example, he plays guitar super good, and actually has one here. So he´s taught me a lot about the music scene and its really interesting. People here are sometimes a little taken aback to see two super white, blonde haired, blue eyed Americans in Navojoa but we have fun with it. I'm really grateful and blessed to be his companion.


So it sounds like you all had a sick stake conference with a few GA´s. I am very grateful for the time and service that President Williams gave to his calling as stake prez, and I have no doubt that President Sorenson will continue with that. I've heard that there are a lot of new families in the ward.. is that right?? How are things going in the RS mom??


To answer your questions mom, yes we are still zone leaders and the zone is really good, therere a lot of new people. We´re thinking of a lot of fun ways to improve the work in the zone, I think it'll be cool.


Well, thanks so much for the letter, Mom, I'm so glad to hear how happy you all are, I love and miss you all.


Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment