Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, December 5, 2016

December 5, 2016 - Week 76

Mom,

Hey how's it going, Mom?? Yesterday as we were watching the Christmas devotional I actually was wondering if you guys would be watching it too. I assume that you did?? We had it broadcasted here in the church and there were a good amount of people who came out to it, including some investigators which was good. I enjoyed the messages and beautiful spirit that was felt as well as the decorations, but none of that even held a candle to the cream tuxes that the MoTab wore, lol.

So how has the weather been out there? People always ask me if it´s snowing back in Nevada, and I imagine that the first snowfall has happened?? Here it´s dropped drastically over the past few days. I mean we´re talking from like mid 70´s to like 55-60 degrees. So it's still pretty comfortable, but the brisk mornings and nights coupled with the uninsulated house that we live in call for some blankets and sweatshirts, haha. Today in the morning, we got up really early, before dawn, to get out to a dam that's like a mile or two from our area, to watch the sunrise. I promise you it wasn't as odd as I just made it sound. It also made for a good joke about saying we were watching the dam sunrise. Get it?? Then we gave our house a deep clean and went and did the most economic, but effective (in terms of buying delicious, filling, easy food) shopping. I really appreciate Elder Christensen because he also appreciates things like that, as I know you do too, haha.

The rest of our week was good. There are a few challenges with some investigators, but right now we have two who are gonna get baptized the weekend of Christmas, yes, a white Christmas, if you will. So we´re excited about that and we´re hoping for smooth sailing with them. We are also working with a lady who we found this week and also seems very interested. This week we are going to Los Mochis and go to a baseball game, which I'm super super excited for. I am not expecting to see any Mike Trout-caliber players nor MLB caliber stadiums, but it will be a good time nonetheless. We´re going with all the missionaries from Sinaloa so it'll be a fun time. The Myers are awesome and like to do fun things like this with the missionaries haha. I love them a lot and feel blessed to be in their mission. 

Well, family I can only imagine all the stress and chaos of what's going on, but wow, what an exciting time!! When times are hard and stressful, but for a good cause, I love the words of our beloved prophet Joseph Smith in D&C 128:22. ¨Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into singing.¨

It's a great time in the family!! Enjoy it all and don't get too stressed out!! Well, I love you all, and hope you have a great week. Lots of love.


Love,

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment