Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, December 28, 2015

December 28, 2015 - Week 27

Family, 

Wow it feels weird to be here writing you guys cause just a few days ago it was like we were all back home together chopping it up in the living room! Haha like old times, it was honestly suchhhh a nice treat to be able to chat it up and share old memories, new stories and familiar laughs with each other as a family. It reminded me a lot of how rich of a blessing I have with you guys at home. 

So starting from my weekend, I guess I don't have as much to share this week with the skype call lol. We finished out the weekend really strong and we actually found a new family that I'm excited to teach. Well we actually were already teaching this lady, Carmen, but her husband came home from work in Monterrey and we taught them and their little daughter, Emily yesterday. I'm not sure if the husband will even be in town for more than a couple months, but it is always the best to teach families and be able to tell them about the blessings that God has planned for them.

We also taught a couple named Carla and Aldo this weekend. Carla's aunt is a recent-ish convert and she always helps us with teaching her. It's so nice because her niece can see her strong testimony and the blessing she's received in her life through the gospel. It was a little bit difficult to find some of the other common investigators this weekend with all the holidays, but hopefully this week will be different. 

So yesterday we showed up to Church and were told that we were going to have to give talks. I actually really like when that happens because it gives us a chance to talk to members and investigators at church. I shared some scriptures in 3 Nephi 9 right before Christ comes to America, then a story of Zeniff and his people trusting in the Lord to overcome the Lamanites. 

As far as this week I'm not sure how it will be with all the New Year's Eve and New Year's Day stuff. There are usually a lot of parties in Topo because its a really popular spot for people to gather. We will see how it all goes, but we'll keep going ahead no matter what. 

Well, I love you all and hope that your trip to Utah goes smoothly tomorrow. Super big congrats to Bryen Holloway on the Mexico mission call. Only the most righteous go to Mexico lol. Let me know about all my friends who get their calls!! I love you all and wish you all a great week. I'll be praying for you like always. 


Love always,

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment