Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, January 4, 2016

January 4, 2016 - Week 28

Dear Family,


Another week huh?! So how are all you guys?? It sounds like we had very different New Years Eve, including the weather but I'm glad you guys had a safe trip to Utah and enjoyed your time there. You guys always seem to be so busy back at home, were we always that busy and doing that many things before my mission?? Haha. No, but I had a really awesome week myself and I managed to stay pretty busy too!!

So to start the week, we did divisions with 2 other elders in our district and it was really fun. Usually they last for like 24 hours, but with Topolobampo being so far away from everything, we did them for 2 days. So I spent Tuesday, Wednesday, and half of Thursday in Los Mochis working with an Elder who arrived in the mission with me, Elder Ochoa from Oaxaca. It is always really fun to experience another area and get to know other Elders and members. On Thursday we had a zone conference that was really fun, but the best part was at the end I received the package that you guys sent me of the picture book, it made my whole day to be able to see all of the fun times and memories we had the last 6 months before I left, and the first 6 months of my mission! Thank you guys so much for sending me that honestly. Oh, and you said I have one more package coming right? If you could tell me if there's a Spanish hymnal in that  package that would be awesome, because if not I need to buy one because I don't have one. Oh and I also received the package from Matt and Adge, my comp and I enjoyed some starburts,  and I already wore the tie 2 times, haha. The pics of their family look great as well. 

So the rest of our week was really good considering the circumstances. There were a few days where it was hard to find people with all the parties, but we had some really awesome moments. We found this girl named Michelle who has already been to church like 3 times with her best friend, her aunts and uncles are members, and she learns super well. We also started teaching two new families that I'm really excited about. It was a really good week and it felt good to work hard and see results, even when it was hard at times. So here in Topo, there's a tonnnnn of parties on the 1st of January, but not all that many on the 31st.... Kinda weird huh? It was fun and kinda weird to be in bed at 10:30 and up at 6:30 on those days, but Elder Salazar and I had fun reflecting on the fun NYE's we had had before. Wow how fast time goes that a year ago we went to Disneyland and the Rose Bowl and the Laker game! Seems like yesterday, but it was a trip I won't Forget.

I'm glad to hear you guys are doing so well, and like always the new year brings new opportunities. How blessed we are and I invite you all to reflect on the blessings of the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior who gives us an opportunity to have a new start in every moment of our lives. Mom, I continue to pray for you and your eyes, I know it can't be very comfortable, but it's good that it's nothing more than that. I want you all to know how much I love you and give thanks that I have you as family. You're the best. 


All Love,

Elder Stockard 

No comments:

Post a Comment