Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7, 2015 - Week 24

Dear Family,

I gotta tell you guys right off the bat, I don't have a ton of time to write but I have lots of exciting news and so I'll pack it all in here for you all. So yesterday was the last day of the transfer, and there is always a buzz in the air with the uncertainty of what´s gonna happen. As luck would have it,  I received a transfer, my first one in my mission!! So I had to pack all my bags late last night and early this morning we all gathered together and went down to Sinaloa, the other state our mission covers. I'm in an area called Topolobampo, and it´s literally right on the ocean and soooooo sick. All the other missionaries are super jealous when you say you´re going to Topolobampo . 

So we arrived here and the branch president gave us a ride to his house where his wife had prepared us lunch, and we talked with them and they´re seriously so awesome. We have some other lessons to night, and I'm super excited to try to help their branch here in Sinaloa.  It really is such a blessing to have great people who are willing to help us. With all that being said, I was sad to say my goodbyes  to the families we were teaching in Esperanza. I am so happy with the progress they all made, and I can't wait to see them be together for time and all eternity. I had a really great transfer with my companion Elder Ruiz as well . 

So my new companion is named Elder Salazar, and we have the same amount of time in the mission and were actually super good friends before this so we were stoked to hear we would be companions. We lived next door to each other and were in the same ward in Esperanza for 3 months. We are both super stoked to get to work here and enjoy the views while doing it haha. He is from Mexico City and is an awesome missionary . 

This week was really good though. We taught some of the most spiritual lessons in my mission and I got to work with my trainer, Elder Ruiz for a few days because there was some sick companions that had to rest. I also received your package with all the starbursts and peanut butter, thanks you guys so much!!! Awesome news from home with Tyler and the schools, and I'm so glad everyone´s doing so well. I love you all and will talk to you with more info in a week!!


All Love,

Elder Stockard

No comments:

Post a Comment