Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, February 22, 2016

February 15, 2016 - Week 34

Hola,

Wow, pretty cool weekend you guys all had. From what I've heard the Provo temple is really great. Pretty sweet that from any given point in Provo you're only a stone's throw away from a temple, haha. I definitely look forward to going to those temples with you guys all together one day, but we should probably plan a trip during the summer so that there's not so much snow, haha. Dad graduated from law school there many years ago, and now its a temple, kinda funny haha. But I'm really glad you guys got up to Utah to see everything and everyone there and enjoy a little cold weather.

This week was really good. We are going to start doing mutual with the kids here in the branch, but we´re doing it differently so that each week the kids can each bring a friend with them. It started off as an English class with 4 investigators that we have, and we thought of doing a small activity every week with the kids we are teaching, and inviting the members to come and bring their friends as well. All the youth were really excited about it and so we'll see how it goes. This week we planned a service activity with a part member family, and then after we´re gonna play a game. I'm thinking about instituting Chubby Bunny, but I wanna pull that one out at a prime opportunity. No but I'm really looking forward to it and I think it will be good for the branch.

This week was kinda funny casue the Pope is in Mexico and everywhere we go people invite us in to watch him on tv, and its all over the newspaper and everything. I honestly had no idea that it was that big of a deal but I guess so. But regardless of the Pope excitement, we were able to find some new people to teach this week which is always exciting. I love to see people feeling the spirit testify to them of the validity of the message, even when it's just the first visit, and even when they don't always recognize that as the spirit. Also, super sick that there was a member of the 12 presiding at your sacrament meeting, and it was as if nothing happened. Did he give any remarks or was he just chillin?? 

This Valentine's day I want to tell each of you how much I love you all. I really appreciate that you sent me those 3 things, Mom, and I wish I had time to send 100 things that I love about all of you, but I will keep it short and tell you all that I love you and appreciate each one of you. Each of us is a son or daughter of a loving Heavenly Father, who has a plan that includes us living in his presence together forever. Quite a remarkable blessing, and I want you all to know you're loved and missed. Untill next week.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment