Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, February 29, 2016

Feb. 29, 2016 - Week 36

Family,

Heyyy whats up everyone?? How are all of you guys? I'm glad to hear that everyone´s good and hope everyone is enjoying this extra day of the year lol! Hard to believe it´s almost March! Super big congrats to Tommy on accepting the Clark Scholarship at BYU and I am confident that he´ll continue to do work in the law school there too. Sounds like there was a lot of excitement and weddings that are going down out there. So Donald Trump is looking like the front runner for president huh? Who is Dad´s vote? Pretty interesting to watch, even when its from a distance haha. Also, huge shout out to Ryan H for receiving his call to Buenos Aires Argentina!!!!! Way sick. 

So this week was the last week of the transfer, and yesterday every missionary was on his toes waiting to receive the call to what was going to happen with them. Elder Ruiz and I are staying the same and we´re going to continue working together in Topolobampo for another 6 weeks. I'm super excited and grateful because I honestly love it here, and we´re doing a lot of good work. Yesterday we had 5 investigatores come to church with us, which was about 1/5 of the attendance! It´s nice to bring people to church because the investigators and the members already know each other, cause almost everyone here knows each other haha. We´re teaching Angel, Hilario, and Edgar who are brothers. Superrrr cool and smart kids. They want to get baptized, and a super ready, we´re just waiting on the permission from their parents. Which is coming, but slowly. We read the Jeffrey R Holland talk on mothers with their mom this week to try and soften her up a bit and encourage them to treat their mother with the utmost respect. I shared with them how great of a mother you were for me, and how you always want to best for us. 

We´re also working with other less active members to try and bring in some priesthood to the branch. Its going little by little, but it really is a process. Its interesting because like 70% of the men in Topo work in the ocean, in some facet. Their schedule is governed by the weather, the wind, and lots of other little factors, but it makes it really hard to find men who are willing to go to church on Sunday and work it out with their work. It's a definite challenge but it's not impossible! We have some really sweet investigators and references though so I'm seeing big things coming.

This week I had a new companion for 2 days, cause we did transfers with the zone leaders. Elder Miller, from Mapleton, Utah came here and worked with me. It was super fun because we talked a lot about things we liked to do in Utah and some of the things on the mission. We get along really well and it was fun to show him around for a bit, while I got to learn new things from him. I'm really grateful for the people we get to meet here on the mission and the friendships we´ll have for many years to come. 

Thanks so much for the support and for sending that package to me. This family will be so excited and surprised to receive it and I'm excited to give them their Kool-Aid haha. So how are the treatments going mom? Are they sure that birdshot is what you have, and when are you expected to see results from the medicine?? I keep praying for you every day and I'm comforted to know that we have a Father in Heaven who is listening, and has all our best interests in mind. I hope you know I love you all and that I'm doing great here and I'm glad to hear from everyone of you and what you're doing. The time really is limited and we gotta make the most of it!! I love you all and I'll talk to you in a week!! 


Love Always,

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment