Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22, 2016 - Week 35

Family,

Wow, Mom that's great that you got some sort of diagnosis and treatment for what's been bugging you in your eyes for so long. Only 104 cases in the USA, that is honestly the definition of rare. Like I think the black plague is probably more common than birdshot disease. Well, with that in mind, I'm ever so thankful that there is a treatment for it. And that you were able to receive the help you need and I'm sure everything will be great. Other than that part, how was the rest of your guys week?? I'm sure it was nice to have a shortened school week like always. How is the weather back at home? It's starting to heat up here, but it doesn't stop us from working hard.   

This week was really good.  We had a baptism on Saturday which is always a really cool way to end the week. Those days are filled with a lot of last minute preparations and tasks, but it is always worth it. It's made a little bit harder because we are really isolated here in Topolobampo, and have to coordinate a lot of things in Los Mochis. But this investigator, Vanessa, was really well prepared and it makes it a lot easier. I was super happy to be able to see her make that big step in her life. I forgot my camera, so ill have to send you guys pics the next week. Other than that the work is good. 

We have a lot of people we´re teaching and its just a matter of helping each of them understand the feeling of the spirit and they´ll all be good. We were put on special assignment by the Stake Presidency to search for more priesthood among the less actives, in hopes to find a branch president that lives in Topo. They are all on assignment from Mochis right now. So we have this list of like 150 less active men and we have to try to visit them all little by little.

Thank you for the political updates, I hear a lot of negative comments about Donald Trump here, apparently he's not too fond of the Mexican people, according to them. I'm not sure though, I feel pretty disconnected with the American politics. Are any of the candidates coming to Fallon or Reno this week to try and sway the polls, or is Nevada insignificant enough that we don't get any attention? I am kinda weirded out by the fact that when I come back we will have a new president. But you will definitely have to keep me updated on all that, I will be curious to know.

This is the last week of the transfer here so it is possible that it´s my last week in Topolobampo. We will see, but in any case I know that the Lord has a special plan for each and every one of us. Whether I'm in Topolobampo, or some other area the gospel is the same, which is such a blessing. I love to see the positive effects that it has on those in our family in Nevada, with the powerful blessings of fast and prayer that we have seen, and I'm positive we will continue to see with your eyes, Mom. From Grandma and Gpa in Ukraine, to me in Mexico, and all the others in every part of the USA I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who heard those pleas, and blessed you. Its a special blessing to be able to devote my life for these two years to helping people realize that those are blessings that each one of us can receive in moments of need, and it is the only way to find true and everlasting, eternal happiness, through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Well, I love you all and encourage you to keep looking for opportunities to serve others. Love you all.


Love,

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment