Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, May 30, 2016

May 9, 2016 - Week 46

Mom,

Hey, what up Mom. Well, today we had to run around to a few doctors appointments for my companion, but he's gonna be alright, but just so you know we don't have as much time to write so it might be a little condensed today. It really was such a treat to talk to you all yesterday. It always gives me a little portal back into our home for a short bit, and although the time never seems to be sufficient, it's very reassuring to know that I have a loving, supportive family that I can talk to back at home. I like the idea of doing the google hangout as a family, but it is always better when you and Dad can go up to Midway and see us face to face lol. Lots of fun memories to look forward to honestly. But as for your questions, the people whose house I was at were there they were just playing games in another room. I will do the same thing for an hour on Tuesday as my comp talks to his family, and no we don't have any sort of technology. Our phones are like Nikon bricks haha. 

But anyways, I'm glad to hear that in the midst of the problems that you've been having, you've been able to focus on the positive. Sometimes I tell the story of the soldiers who gave thanks for the fleas in their jail cell and one day in the future they realized that it was actually the fleas that were helping them to keep the guards away, and allowed them to escape to freedom. You've been an example to me to how to deal with less than preferable circumstances in many areas of life. We can always CHOOSE to find the blessings. 

Today as we were going to various parts of Obregon, one of the senior missionaries, Elder Downs kinda came to the rescue and took us around the city to a bunch of different offices and talked a lot about some of his life experiences. It was a nice act that made me appreciate someone going above and beyond to help us, when really there wasn't much in it for him. Service is a great way to receive blessings and feel and see the love of God in our lives. 

One more time I wanna thank you all for being such a blessing in my life!! Keep seeking for ways to serve and to please the Lord!! He will always repay us more than we can imagine!! Love you all and we´ll talk more next week!!


Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment