Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, May 2, 2016

May 2, 2016 - Week 45

Mom,

So first thing first... I think we can do the video call Sunday or Tuesday. Because Mother's Day here in Mexico is always May 10. I was actually planning on doing it on Tuesday, because I hadn't realized that Sunday is Mother's Day as well. If Tuesday would be possible we can do it then. But if not, we can do it Sunday. I think Tuesday might be easier for us. But anyways, that's super cool that you got to have a few missionary opportunties and hear a cool testimony like that. 

So our week was good. The first week in a new area is always a lot of getting used to the area and meeting people, but this week I felt a lot more comfortable in the area, I know a lot more people. The members here are super cool and love to talk to the missionaries and they're a big help. We found this girl named Sarah this week, who is 14, and has a lot of friends who are members, and so we started teaching her, then her siblings started listening as well, and all of them went to church yesterday. Ricardo, the kid who accompanies us on a lot of visits, continues to learn and have a big desire to grow in the church. We are also teaching this family of 3 generations, and the patriarch of the family is a member, he's also 93, one of his daughters is a member, but no one else in the family is. They really like the church, but couldn't go yesterday. So we'll see how all that goes. 

The weather here is really starting to heat up quite a bit, and so I'm starting to wear long sleeve shirts a couple times a week to keep myself protected from the sun. We get really good at finding every path that has a little bit of shade protection as well, but now that we've entered into the month of May I'm fairly convinced that whatever we do will be pretty futile, lol. But we're prepared for the heat, and don't worry, I'm using lots of sunscreen, haha.

So with Mother's Day this week Mom, I want you to know that even though I had an inexpressible appreciation and love for you while I was with you for the first 19 years of my life, I have gained an infinitely greater appreciation and love in this one year that I've been apart from you. From my earliest years spent in diapers trying to learn how to walk, to my trips to the principal's office in elementary school , my errors and faults along the way, you were always there and the first one to show your love for me unceasingly. I want you to know what all that means to me, and that I would not be justified to try to put it all into words, but I know your love for me and mine for you is divine and Godsent, and you, yourself are divine and Godsent for me in my life. I love you!! 

Your Son,
Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment