Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, May 30, 2016

May 30, 2016 - Week 49

Mom,

Hey, what's up family!! How you all doing? So this week was super cool, I'll tell you all about it, but Imma start with the news from the transfers we got yesterday. So after just one transfer here in Villa Bonita, I'm now leaving and I'm going to a city in southern Sonora that's called Navajoa. I won't be going until tomorrow but I'm going to be with Elder Chichia, who is from Puebla. I'm excited because we've known each other for a while in the mission and we've always gotten along really well. I've heard a lot of good things about Navajoa and I'm excited to work there. And Elder Chichia and I are going to be the Zone Leaders down there so that will be a fun part about it too.

So anyway, like I told you there were a lot of good parts about this week. I'll start with Ricardo's baptism. The whole week he was really excited and we went around organizing it all and setting up the program. Usually the investigators want us to baptize them but we thought it would be better to have a member do it to have that connection, so we set up the whole program with members helping. It turned out really great and Ricardo's mom went too and she really liked it... I think she's next haha. We keep working with Victor and we had this really awesome experience teaching him and his wife. They related a lot of financial troubles that they've had recently and so we changed the lesson completely and taught them about tithing and its promised blessings. They both loved the lesson and started to pay their tithing on Sunday, despite the fact that they're struggling financially. Great faith builder, the only way to see if the Lord's blessings work is by trying out living His commandments. 

During the week we somehow arranged the schedule of our food, that we ended up eating with the senior missionaries in our area 2 times this week. The Downs that remind me so much of Grandma and Grandpa, haha. They are 2 of my favorite people in the world because they are so helpful and gave us SOOOO much food, lol. I had almost forgotten how great beef strogonaff and a huge beef roast with dessert of strawberry shortcake were. But I love them because they're like our grandparents for these 2 years that we don't have grandparents and they remind me of how much I love all of my grandparents. So I will be sad to leave this area for the great people like them, and many many other members and investigators that make us feel very loved, but part of the great mission experience is meeting so many new and kind faces in many different parts. So I'm looking forward to more people in Navajoa. 

So you guys did in fact paint the living room huh? That's super cool, and I'm dying to see the pics you are gonna send haha. You're planning to have it all done by the end of June, right? How have the rest of your vacations been? That's really sick that you're going to Hawaii, is that also in July, I assume? Many things are coming up quickly like your birthday, mine, my 1 year mark in the mission, not to mention all the other missionaries that are leaving this month. It should be a fun month haha. Also super random that Jeff Weed got married, why didn't anyone tell me lol. Anyways, I hope you all have an awesome week, that you enjoy your vacations and get a lot of work done in the family room renovations haha. I love you all so much!!! 

Love,
Elder Stockard

No comments:

Post a Comment