Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, November 21, 2016

November 21, 2016 - Week 74

Mom, 

So my first week in Guamuchil was a success! Despite this being one of the smallest church congregations and cities I've been in during my mission, it is also the one that most resembles the United States which is a little bit of a surprise. Haha, and with that being said, let me tell you, it's still a far cry from the USA. Elder Christensen and I are becoming great friends as well and he is really similar to me in a lot of ways which makes our time together enjoyable. With this week being Thanksgiving, its been fun to chat it up about old Thanksgiving traditions and things we would do at home. 

As far as big differences between Guamuchil and Navojoa or any other of my past areas... In the first week I didn't see any glaring differences, but I also feel like more will be made evident with a bit more time. The first week, you just kinda walk around trying to orient yourself. But its definitely smaller than Navojoa, but kinda in that same class of city. Think of Navojoa as Fallon and Guamuchil as like Fernley. Hopefully that gives you a vague idea. With the work, we started from scratch and found 3 people that we´re really excited about!! All 3 were excited about our visits, some have family who are members and have been to church. We´re hoping they can get baptized in December. This week we will definitely continue to get to know them a little bit better and have a few more details. 

A few people told me that the weather in Fallon this week was pretty great! Like 72 degrees and sunny haha. That sounds like just about ideal to me!! We are kinda moving into that zone as well which makes me excited. I was also in Sinaloa this time last year and the weather was like Southern California in October. I better live it up while I can, probably the vast majority of my winters after this one will be spent in the blistering cold lol!!

So how are all the wedding preps coming?? The countdown to the wedding is getting smaller and smaller!! Like 3 more weeks right? When do Gma and Gpa come in from Ukraine?? You guys will have my dream Thanksgiving this week with appetizers and pizza! Live it up, it's like Haley´s comet and only comes once every 70 years. I'll add that to my list of unbelievable occurrences I missed on my mission along with Donald Trump being elected President of the United States and The Chicago Cubs winning the World Series, hahaha. 

All world news jokes aside, I hope you all have a memorable and fun-filled Thanksgiving. I am thankful for each and every one of you guys. It would be an impossible task to find another person in the world that is more loving, caring, faithful, patient, forgiving, intelligent, and loves me more than you, Mother. With that being said, I'm forever and unimaginably grateful that I have a Heavenly Father who knows me and loves me enough that he would bless me with such a perfect, angelic, mother such as you. I love you, Mom!! 


Happy Thanksgiving, and have a great week!!

All Love,

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment