Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, November 14, 2016

November 7, 2016 - Week 72

Mom,

Hey what's up, how are all of you?? Wow yesterday I was thinking about it and I actually wondered what you guys were eating for Dad´s Bday dinner, and I knew dad wouldn't disappoint haha. That sounds delicious, and I'm sure that the company is what tied the whole meal together! Last night we went with some converts who had made us hamburgers and cake to celebrate their baptisms. It was also really cool. Haha, unfortunetely I didn't bring quite the perfect gift to them, like you did to Dad.  But I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed the day and that Dad has got another great year ahead of him, and wow he really is looking stick thin, how much does he weigh these days??!! Happy 51st Dad!!

Wow, I think I've told you this, but you would think that being outside of the nation, you wouldn't hear as much about the USA election, but that is very far from being accurate. Everywhere we go people ask us about the election, about Hillary or Trump and everything. So I don't dare mention any political opinion or anything of the sort haha. I can only imagine how it is in the states right now. You'll have to let me know how the Matt Lee election goes as well.. I'm sure he is a shoe in as well, and he´ll be in my prayers!!

Putting all the craziness of the election aside, this week was really great for us. We have been preparing four people for their baptisms for a long time and this Saturday it is going to happen. They are all very excited and we are just getting the last few details together for that. It really is incredible to see such a sincere change of heart in a group of people. Like you said mom, there are zero things in the world that can have such a lasting, strong effect on a life like the gospel. With so much time here in Navojoa, it's very likely this is my last week here, so it will be really special to be able to see those people get baptized and then to be able to have life long friends here!! Aside from all of that, we also have a very busy week where we´ll be traveling a lot. On Wednesday, Paul B Piper who´s the area president of Mexico, will be coming to visit our mission. So we will all go up to Obregon to see him there, then the next day we will go to Los Mochis, Sinaloa (about 4 hours south) to get a leadership training by him. I'm really excited for all that, but I'm sure it will be a busy week.

I'm glad to hear that the treatments from the doctors are having the correct effect on your vision, and that you are seeing improvement in the other parts as well. How often are you gonna have to be going up to Utah? It seems like its been about every 2 or 3 months?? With all your kids up there it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. How are all of the wedding preparations going? Tommy has told me that they are going to Cancun on the honey moon, but if you have time I'd love to see some of the wedding anouncements or the engagment photos. Also some of the rough plans of the wedding!! It's gotta be an exciting time, but with many things to do.

Thanks so much for the encouraging words, Mom!! I love you so much too and feel and recognize more and more blessings every day. It's true, the mission is something I will always hold very very dear to my heart for many reasons and I'm glad to know that dad still has fond memories that are present in his mind, such as singing the song Dios Da Valor. I'm very blessed to have you as my family, and I feel and appreciate your love and support!! I love you all so much, I hope you have an amazing week!!

Love,

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment