Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, February 13, 2017

Feb. 13, 2017 - Week 86

Mom,

Whats up family!! How are y'all doing? So Mom, yeah to answer your question, I don't know this for sure, but traditionally the missionaries go home the day of transfers, so that would have me flying in to Reno on June 12th! Not all that far away huh?! What summer plans are you planning??

So this week was super great for us, Elder Beecher and I are opening the area here, which just means that we started from scratch with no investigators. But we worked really hard this week and found some great new people and many of them went to church!! Another really noteworthy item from the week was that there was a bishop called to the ward yesterday, after like 2 years that they've gone without a bishop. So we´re starting with 4 missionaries, a new bishopric, and all of the members are very excited. So we should have some big news from the ward in the weeks to come!!

It's been so fun to be here with Elder Beecher, because we are just constantly laughing and joking, but also working really hard. He is from Saratoga Springs, Utah. It is funny and really a blessing because we decided to room together at BYU this fall and then we became companions, so we are having a really enjoyable time together. I've really been blessed with great companions being great friends throughout my whole mission. 

During the week, we had a meeting in Los Mochis with Pres Myers and we talked a lot about the teachings of Gordon B Hinckley and his optimism. I think it's incredible to see how optimistic Gordon B Hinckley was. It's something I would really like to be able to improve on, you and dad were always great examples of that to me too. Being optimistic requires great faith and hope, which requires diligent study and prayer. I think that's a goal that I want to have, to be more optimistic.

So what new plans do you guys have?? I'll be really curious to know what becomes of the renaming of our street. Hopefully we get a sick new street name haha. I hope you guys keep killing it in school and work and in life!! You're constantly in my prayers and I love knowing that you're all good!!

All Love from Guamuchil!!!

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment