Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, February 6, 2017

Feb. 6, 2017 - Week 85

Mom,

How are you, Mom?? So it was groundhog day? I forgot about the existence of that holiday haha. They don't talk about it here, but today is some sort of national holiday which means a lot of things were closed and kids didn't have classes. 

So to start off with the big news.... During the week, President Myers called us and told us that we will now have two companionships of missionaries here in our ward instead of us being the only ones, and that Elder Christensen and I would be staying here but that both of us would be receiving new companions to be able to lead them around the area. So we found another apartment for 2 people, and yesterday we were told who are new comps are. I am now companions with Elder Beecher, who has been one of my best friends in the mission since day one , when we arrived together! I am super excited to have this time with him, and still have Elder Christensen so close in the same ward!

So this week also was really good with all of the work. Some of the highlights were that three investigators came to church with us yesterday. They are very fun to teach because they have good questions. They liked church and plan to come back next week! One is an architect who stopped us in the street and told us he has a friend from another state who talked to him about the restoration and wanted to learn more. They are all sooooo smart and have real intent. I don't know if I'll continue teaching them, because Elder Beecher and I are opening the new area in the ward and I'll be leaving the investigators that I had. But I'll remain in close contact which is good.

It's great to be reminded of that grand miracle and answer to our prayers and fasting with your progress. I'm very grateful to have a loving Father in Heaven who knows us all on a personal level, in the words of Nephi, "that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty." 

I hope you all have a great week, and know you're all in my thoughts and prayers!!

Love,

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment