Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, February 27, 2017

February 20, 2017 - Week 87

Mom,

Hey family, how are you doing?? Wow all sorts of bishoprics are being reorganized haha. There was one other here in our stake that also didn't have a bishop for almost a year. It really does change the mentality of a ward. That's funny, I was actually thinking to myself yesterday, ¨I wonder if Bishop Ludlow will still be bishop when I get home, probably so.¨ I didn't even know Brad Stokes had moved into our ward, but I'm glad he did, he´ll be a killer bishop no doubt. 

So how was the rest of your week? You guys telling me about moving Tommy and Courtney reminds me of how bad moving sucks haha... But it sounds like they are in a killer new spot, which definitely makes moving a lot more enjoyable. In my last area, I lived in a total dump for 6 months, and here in Guamuchil the house is superr nice, which makes moving a lot more enjoyable, haha. Here it's been such a positive experience, the ward has improved greatly and we are having really great success with the members and the investigators, everything´s going well and it makes me lose track of the time. 

So this week we found this man who is interested in the church.  He understands really well and asks great questions, on Friday we invited him to church and he informed us that he wouldn't be able to because he has to go to a surrounding area every Sunday afternoon. We were kinda bummed about that, and then on Sunday morning he called us and told us that he had actually thought it over well, and that he would arrange his schedule so that he could go to church with us, and he went! R and O also went, and it was a really beautiful service. The  missionaries spoke, I chose to speak on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Plan of Salvation. 

The weather here has been pretty crazy, on Saturday we got caught in a rain storm, with a vicious wind, which chilled us right to the bone and left us soaking wet haha. My clothes, believe it or not, are actually holding up pretty well though. Hopefully they can last for another 3 months. Another funny experience from the week, was that Elder Beecher and I had to go into the secretary´s office in the church to get something out for the new bishop, and so he lent us his key. We went in, and shut the door behind us, commenting on how weird it was that there was no doorknob on the inside of the office, only another keyhole. We got ready to leave and tried opening the door with the key we used to get in, and it didn't work!! So we realized that we were locked inside that tiny, dark office and no one else was in the building, and we had the only key to open the door inside with us. Luckily, we called other missionaries, slid the key under the door, and they let us out. But that was like an hour and a half later, and of course the hounded us relentlessly, lol.

So to answer your questions, that picture that Sister Lee sent was from a few weeks back. I have seen her a couple of times though, she seems like a nice girl and hard worker. And as far as summer plans, yeah that sounds chill, I really don't care what we do, I will love to do whatever it is with you guys!! I would like to know where everyone will be on the dates of June 12th till whenever I go up to Utah. I will also probably need to do some serious replenishing of my wardrobe haha. Other than that, I'm totally open to whatever! Its getting really close, kinda crazy huh. 

I want to share a scripture with you guys before signing off, something good to consider for all of us. 

O how great the holiness of our God! For he knoweth all things, and there is not anything save he knows it. And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam. And he suffereth this that the resurrection might pass upon all men, that all might stand before him at the great and judgment day. And he commandeth all men that they must repent, and be baptized in his name, having perfect faith in the Holy One of Israel, or they cannot be saved in the kingdom of God.

I love you all so much, hope you have a great week, always in my thoughts and prayers!!

Love,

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment