Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, March 13, 2017

March 13, 2017 - Week 90

Mom,

What's good family?? Wow, yeah, 90 weeks does sure sound like a lot. With the ones I have left, I most definitely want to make the most of them!! So this week you will be going back out to VA for Jerry`s wedding?? That should be a lot of fun. Who is going to be there out of all of your siblings? When was the last time you made it out to Virginia? Grandpa wrote me and told me that they're heading out in the week too, that will be a lot of fun. I want some pictures of all of the festivities!

So this week there were a few families of investigators who attended church with us which was so awesome! What was even better was that the ward went on a temple trip to Hermosillo this weekend, so a couple of members were able to share their thoughts and experiences. One family who went got sealed to their kids and shared powerful testimony of their sealing and the truthfulness of the restored gospel, which had a fantastic impact on the families that were there listening to these things. Our investigators were among them, and they were particularly intrigued by it. Their baptisms will be the week after General Conference! Another family was a part member, less active family. They hadn't gone to church for 7 years because of things that had happened shortly after their baptism. But they went, and their experience was a positive one, the members of their family that aren't members are also preparing to be baptized with our other two investigators. I'm super stoked to see their progression.

Today we got together with a couple of elders from a neighboring city and we played 3 on 3 basketball. It's safe to say that basketball outside in 95 degree weather isn't the most comfortable experience, but it is pretty fun! It made me excited to go and play with my friends when I get back. I think I might need to get in a little bit better shape though, haha. After, we grilled up some meat, got some handmade tortillas and made guacamole, which I finally learned how to make haha. It was super fun though. I don't know where I will be next week, because this is the last week of the transfer, but I sure would be happy to stay here in Guamuchil!! I'm loving it here! But whatever happens, happens! Come what may and love it. 

Well Fam, I hope you guys are all doing well. I miss you guys and you're always in my thoughts and prayers. It won't be too long before we`re reunited, which makes me really happy; everyone just keep working hard! Haha. Well, I love you all, have a fantastic week. 
I love you all,

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment