Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Sunday, March 26, 2017

March 20, 2017 - Week 91

Mom and Family,


Hey family what's up? So I will start right off with the big news on transfers... after 4 months I did in fact have to leave Guamuchil. In Guamuchil I left many many friends and timeless memories that I will forever be grateful for. My new area, and almost indubitably my last area, is a small town in Sinaloa that's close to the Chiuahua border called Choix. Choix is situated up in the mountains and it's definitely really, really pretty. I mean, that's about all I know about it so far, haha I arrived like 30 minutes ago and we still have a lot to do. But I'm really excited to be here, I know the Lord always has something for us to learn with each transfer. My new companion is a missionary with about 2 months in the mission, named Elder Wood. He is from Mesa, Arizona. He is a really great guy and I'm excited to be spending this time working hard with him.

So yeah, that is the definite highlight of the week, haha. Really kinda steals the spotlight from any other thing that we did during the week. But it was a really good last week in Guamuchil with Elder Beecher. We found some really great new investigators, had a couple of baptisms that we had to get ready, for Ines, Maria and Dana. We also had intercambios with some other missionaries. I worked with Elder Chichia, who was my companion for 3 months and was in his last week of the mission. His parents came to pick him up and we had stake conference this weekend, so I got to meet Elder Chichia's parents at stake conference and tell them about how good of a missionary their son is and say goodbye to him before he headed out today.

At stake conference, an Area 70 named Elder Martinez came and talked to us. He gave a great talk on personal revelation. He said that answers to our questions to God usually come in 3 forms, one can be yes, one can be no, and one can be God letting us use our wisdom and feelings to take the liberty to decide what we think is best. President Myers also went to the stake conference and delivered a powerful message about the power of the Priesthood. He is so funny and good at connecting with the people he speaks to.

I really liked the pics from the wedding. Everyone really did look so happy!! It makes me happy to know that the sacred blessings are available to all families who live worthy to enter the temple. We are blessed to have that knowledge. Well, I am going to have to keep this short cause we're not gonna have a ton of time today but I love you all so much. I'm blessed with such a great family!! I hope everyone has a great week, I love you all!!

Love and Prayers,

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment