Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, May 29, 2017

May 29, 2017 - Week 101

Mom,

I'm glad to hear that you are all keeping busy with travels, appointments, activities and errythang else!! I am too, but with different things. It's really the best advice, like you said, to just keep busy and stay focused on the task at hand and everything, in its due time, will come! But wow it really is exciting, even surreal, to think about being back with all of you so soon, the people I love the most! I know that it will all go by so fast and so I want to take in every moment and make the most of these last 2 weeks. I like the analogy of the Plan of Salvation and the mission. Each day we learn more about what we must do better and how we can improve and the mission really helps me out so much with that process. 

So today was super cool, we got together with a few other missionaries and played basketball for like 3 hours in the morning. It was definitely a good little exercise since we were running around and sweating in 90 degrees haha. It was a lot of fun though. Earlier in the week we had a good amount of things going on too. I went to San Blas, a very small town that's part of our district about 2 hours away from Choix, to do companionship exchanges and also a couple of baptismal interviews. I went with Elder White, who is from that place haha. But he is in his first couple of months in his mission and a really awesome kid. It was so cool to be able to just tell him about all the awesome experiences he will have and the things he will see and learn throughout his time as a missionary here. I admire the courage and faith of the new missionaries who are learning so many things, such as a new language, and still working very hard. 

As far as our investigators. Well I was out of Choix for a good part of the week and so I wasn't able to see all of them, unfortunately, one of them actually went to the United States to bring back some products for their clothing store.  We told her about the Visitor's Center in the Mesa temple and she said she would like to go, hopefully she was able to make it, we are still yet to see her. Her baptism is programmed for this weekend, hopefully everything works out well with that! On Sunday we had one of Pres. Myers' counselors visit the branch and he trained all of the members on how to participate in the missionary efforts. They all seem really excited to continue with that so we should be seeing some fruits of those labors soon!!

Thanks for the advice on some things to bring home , I really like those ideas. I'll keep my eyes peeled. These last two weeks will be filled with many ¨lasts.¨ I really feel and appreciate your love and support for me. I'm so lucky to have you all as my family! There couldn't be a better one. Hope you all have an incredible week, you will be in my prayers, as always. Love you all so much!!!

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment