Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Thursday, July 30, 2015

July 30, 2015 - Week 5

Familia como les va?? 

So this was a good week here at the CCM, per the usual. It started off on Sunday night where we got to watch Meet the Mormons and then say goodbye to the district that was a generation ahead of us. There had been rumblings of us watching that movie for a few weeks and then on Sunday it became reality. Then on Monday and Tuesday, literally like 50% of the missionaries here came down with this virus, it was crazy. Luckily my comp and I beat the odds and both stayed afloat during the trial, haha. But that night we quarantined all the infected elders in our casa and had a big sleepover with all the clean missionaries in the living room of our casa it was so much fun. I'm gonna send a picture of it.
We got the flight plans for Monday! We leave the CCM at 2:00 AM on Monday morning, our flight leaves at 6:00 AM Mx City time, and arrive at 6:00 AM Obregón time, with the 2 hour time difference. I have heard that we are not going to be allowed to call from the airport, unfortunately, but I will wait to hear the final word on that. If not, I think I´ll be able to email that day so feel free to shoot me some emails that day and we´ll see what I´m allowed to do, but yeah. 

Today has been pretty crazy because we have to pack all our bags and and weigh them before the flight. I´m getting my suit dry cleaned and all the last minute preparations for el campo. So we have been packed with laundry, packing and other things. Tomorrow we have all our field orientation, so that should be clutch cause it is just a nice switch up from the normal grind here. I continue to hear lots and lots of good things from people who have served in Hermosillo and Culican (The missions that made up my mission before) I am very excited, but a little nervous as well. All normal feelings. I feel like my Spanish has improved a ton over the last week or two and that is a really comforting feeling, no doubt there is still a very long ways to go though. 

As I leave the CCM, I have reflected a lot about how I have had so many great times here. My companion is awesome, my district and friends here are great, the food, the presidency, the facilities, the teachers, the learning, it is all so great here and I can´t tell you how much fun and how positive of an experience these 6 weeks have been. So I made it through the MTC, and I am praying every day that I will have the strength to make it through the field now because this is where the real work goes on. I know the Lord qualifies his workers and I know that we will see that work firsthand. I am excited and humbled to be part of the work, along with other friends I have that are going all out around the world. Alma 26:12 is a scripture that really stuck out to me this week. [Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.] We are nothing without the Lord and he blesses us with everything. I love you all and I bear testimony that the Lord is furthering the work and gathering Israel. He lives and loves us. Love you all. 

Les vaya bien

Elder Stockard

No comments:

Post a Comment