Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, January 18, 2016

January 18, 2016 - Week 30

Family,


Well another week down and here we are again... I feel like I write that a lot lol. Anyways, so good to hear from you guys yet again and I'm always so happy to hear how great you're all doing and the exciting things that go on in the life back at home. Big shout out to Lauren and Tommy as they're hearing more great news and widening their field of options for med and law school.... That's big time. And mom I'm glad to hear that you're keeping yourself in shape, even if its to a point that you can't move afterwards lol. 

This week was really good here in Sinaloa as well, and packed with lots of things and the transfer ended so Elder Salazar and I unfortunately had to part ways. I don't know if you guys are going to find this next part as funny as I did but I receivied my new companion and his name is.....Elder Ruiz.  Who would've guessed it, right? 3 of my first 4 comps are named Elder Ruiz lolol. This one is also from Chiapas (Where the first one was from) and he is pretty new on the mish. He has like 3 months here. I'm super excited to get to work with him and see how everything goes here. We have a lot of exciting things that are right around the corner here. There's still a lot to work, but 2 of our investigators are getting married so that they can get baptized, and we have another investigator who wants to get baptized and go on a mission, were just trying to get her mom on board with the whole idea... But she'll come around eventually! I was super super excited cause this weekend the Nuñez family ( Some converts from my prior area) went to the temple for the first time to do baptisms, and they are preparing to enter to get sealed. What a blessing it is that we can be together forever as a family. Other than that, we keep working and we see what the Lord prepares for us. 

We're starting to work really well with the members here in Topo and this week we're doing some family home evenings with them and asking them to invite friends who they would like to hear the gospel. It really is the best way to complete the work of the Lord, and I hope you guys are always willing to help the Elders there in Fallon. It brings blessings to your lives and to the lives of others as well. That's exciting about the new calling dad got, but I guess we can't really call it a new calling because he served on the HC for years. I really can't think of a much better place for him, it really lets him use his abilities to help other people and carry a powerful message to them. 

Mom, I continue to pray for you and I too feel like your vision will shortly improve. Sometimes we have these things in life that are super super inconvenient and uncomfortable, but it's all about the attitude we carry throughout. I think of Nephi and his family traveling in the desert and he took all the afflictions in stride and always saw the blessing of every situation, while his brothers were constantly complaining and saw it all as a hardship. In reality the Lord had a promised land prepared for them, and he has the same for us. I'm glad that you have such a positive attitude with something that would be so easy to complain about. You'll always be my example because that's what you've always taught me, even though I didn't always listen. I want you to know I love you and I'm doing great out here, and miss you and love you. Always keeping you all in my prayers. I wish you all the best week, and love you all.


Elder Stockard

No comments:

Post a Comment