Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Sunday, January 31, 2016

February 1, 2016 - Week 32

Family,

Mom, thank you for the political update back in the states. It seems like I've missed all the chaos with politics here over the last 7.5 months, considering that gay marriage still was not legal when I left on the mish. I'm sure that with the presidential election right around the corner it's pretty crazy there. You'll have to keep me updated on all that. Also, can we take a moment to all laugh at how random and hysterical it is that Tyler is the new sex ed teacher at Oasis. Also pretty exciting that the Superbowl is this weekend, it will be weird to not hear anything about it in Mexico. And that's dope that you get a snow day, well a snow delay I guess. The weather here is actually heating up quickly, and I'm catching glimpses of how hot it was during the summer haha. Anyways, I'm glad to hear that the week went well for everyone!!

So this week was really good for us as well. The 2 baptisms went really well and both Frida and Osiris were excited to be baptized. I will include pics for you guys. We are actually working with this part-member family, who is also inactive. It's tricky because it's a family of 5, 3 of them are members, but all of them are at different stages in their conversion. We are planning a baptism of one of the non-member kids this weekend and hope that it will turn out well. 

Yesterday my comp and I gave talks in church. I talked about the importance of prayer during trials, and how our attitudes can help us through trials. I didn't share your story about your eyes but it was what I had in mind as I prepared it. After, a less active member told me that he really needed to hear that, and asked me to give him a blessing after church. It was a really cool experience to be able to help someone like that without knowing at all what he was going through before. 

So how are things going in school and work for everyone?? I wanna get updates on the Ashley and Brian move, and also the Matt Lee election status. I heard that Brandon and Jacob both are waiting mission calls, and I wanna make my predictions for them right now. For Jacob I'm gonna say Seoul South Korea, and for Brandon I'm gonna say Los Angeles California. But keep me updated on that. I realized the other day that on Jan 30, 2015 I received my mission call to Ciudad Obregon and how excited I was since that moment. It's a special time in someone's life and it truly is the work of the Lord. Well, I want you all to know I love you, I will be fasting for you this week mom, and always praying for you I hope you know that. You're the best earthly example I could ask for. Love you always and we will talk next week.

Elder Stockard 

No comments:

Post a Comment