Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, April 25, 2016

April 25, 2016 - Week 44

Mom,

Okay, don't worry, I will answer all those questions. So there are a lot of obvious differences between a town and a city. I feel like there are about an equal number of people, because here we are just in one part and in Topo we have like 3 small towns and we're in charge of all of it. Just from a convenience prospective, there are a lot more people here, we don't have to walk as much, there are more stores and things open during the day. There are also a lot more members, and the church here isn't new like it is in Topo. So the members are super interested in helping us, the church meetings are super good, and we have a lot of people to teach. 

This week was good. It is always a little weird when you first arrive in an area because you're not very well acquainted, nor do you realize where you are, but after a couple days all that wears off.  We have a lot of really great investigators we are working with. One of the coolest is this kid named Ricardo, who is 14. We visited him the first time this week, and he went to church, and then he wanted to accompany us to learn more. And he is already teaching with us in certain parts of the lessons, and is super excited to get baptized. We are also teaching this lady named Monika and her son, Lalo. 

As for the meals and my apartment, well the meals are the same as far as eating with the members every day, but generally the food in Sonora is better than the food in Sinaloa, and well, I find that to be true. I mean I loved the seafood of Topo, but it was a lottttt of it, haha. We are the only people who live in our house and there are 2 sister missionaries who work in the same part of town as us. My companion, Elder Alvarenga is super cool and it is really cool to talk with him about his country, El Salvador, and how it really is different. I didn't realize how different the other Latin American countries are, but they are. And also they use the American dollar which is interesting. 

So how have you felt with your treatments and how are you feeling going into this long journey? It's a little bit like the mission, like you know it's going to be better for you and that you'll learn a lot but you know it will be difficult at times haha. Honestly, I realize now how we should never take for granted the blessings and promises that the Lord has given us and never become complacent with the gospel. It's the most important and valuable thing in the world and we have it. We sure are blessed and I know the Lord will continue to bless you in your struggle with your eyes. I love you all and I'm so glad to see that things are going well and that we now have 2 college graduates in the family. I'm pretty sure Alyssa will beat me to being the 3rd one, but hey, it's all good. I love you all and keep you in my prayers, the church is true!!

Love,

Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment