Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, January 30, 2017

January 30, 2017 - Week 84

Mom,

What it do familyyyy?? Thanks so much for writing me, I love to hear about all of your lives and the fun things you´re planning and doing. We have a pretty amazing family!! Also, wow what a crazy wedding season you´ll be having in May. I had no idea some of those people were even engaged! I want some pics of each of the engagements. Big congrats to all of them, Travis, Colin and Hadley Faught.

This Sunday was also really good for us too. One of our investigators who went had some really great questions about the creation and purpose of the fall. She is a lawyer and a really thorough learner. She always keeps us on our toes with her well thought out questions, but it is fun because that leads to good learning. She´s had some really unfortunate things happen in her life, and one of her biggest concerns is if God even exists. So far she's had a great conversion and we´re excited to keep working with her. The other new ones are a 22 year old electrical engineering student who is reading the BoM, and a family. 

We had a satellite transmission on the missionary work from Salt Lake with some of the Apostles. They talked about some very important topics, and they also made some big changes in things that have been in place since the dawn of time haha. Such as what key indicators we will be keeping track of, and the missionary daily schedule. David A. Bednar talked about how we learn precept upon precept, line upon line, and the changes were so great I just always am so amazed at the apostles' revelation and how it runs the church,

Wow, I really loved the wedding video!! Everything seems so well done, and I almost feel as if I was present in the wedding, haha. What a blessing to have such a happy family and to have it growing, and all the great people that we become friends with in so many diverse ways! I feel so blessed to have you all as my family!!

I love you all, next week when I write you guys I will almost definitely have a new companion, and although I don't think its likely, I could be in a new area! Change can be scary, but it brings new and exciting things in one´s life. I hope you all have a great week and keep in mind how much I love you and pray for you each day!! 

Love,

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment