Elder Stockard

Elder Stockard
Mexico Cuidad Obregon Mission

Monday, April 4, 2016

March 28, 2016 - Week 40

Family,

Hey what's up ya'll. So 40 weeks down huh, before we know it we'll be at more than 52. Elder Vaca and I are from the same generation of missionaries and we were reflecting on how weird it was that we're rapidly coming up on the one year mark. I feel like yesterday we left, but yes, you're right, time is a funny thing. I'm glad that you all enjoyed your Easter Sunday and remembered the resurrection of Jesus Christ. What a blessing that we will all live again and we know what we have to do to be able to spend that time with our Heavenly Father.

So on another note..... yesterday was Easter?? Seriously?? I thought that it was this week coming up, haha. We're working with an iniciative with the Church for Easter, but I honestly did not know that it was yesterday. And if that doesn't answer your question, there wasn't much religious observance. They get two weeks off of school here in mexico and there's not many places open, and a lot of the people camp on the beach, so there was a huge drop in attendance at church yesterday. But we had a really good week, and we had a lot of really awesome lessons in our first week together. I feel like the first few weeks in a new companionship, we tend to find a lot of new people to teach and then drop the one's who aren't progressing. 

We are teaching this mother and her son, Oscar. I really really like them and Maria has been loving the church. They're both really great people and I feel like they understand that knowing more fully what the commandments are, is exactly what they need to really make their lives complete. I'm really really grateful for Elder Vaca. I was a little unsure of how things were going to go, with the transfer being so abrupt but honestly, in just one week we've grown into such great friends. He is from a city named Irapuato Guanajuato, in the center of Mexico. We have a lot in common and spend the whole day laughing and talking and we teach really well together as well. He wants to teach me a few basic Mexican recipies (like very basic, given our limited resources in time, utensils, and money) and in return I'm gonna teach him a little bit of English haha.

Mom, I still have not gotten the package with the Kool-aid and the limited edition chapsticks but I am sure that I will soon. I'll be on the lookout, haha.  I want to close by giving my testimony of the resurrected Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that after atoning and suffering for each and every pain and feeling that each and everyone of us will ever experience, after being tried unjustly, crucified, and laid in the tomb, that Jesus was resurrected so that each and every one of us will live again and so we can become eternal families, and because of him we never have to worry as long as we do as he tells us to do. I'm thankful for his willingness to sacrifice his perfect life for us, so that we can live again. I love you all and I'm glad that we know this to be true, and that we have the  gospel of Jesus Christ restored here on the earth today. 

Love,

Elder Stockard

No comments:

Post a Comment